Jun 30, 2011

Essay in two Voices - Dialogues of Discovery. From blog to tweet in 2,5 hours

The result of Networking can be very unpredictable.  Who'd think that I´d be appearing in two books this year?  Not me. 
The Metafari is a network product, and the Metafari has lead to other things.
After launching the Metafari in 2007 I was invited by Madelyn Blair, (owner of Pelerei Inc, and an influental person in the Storytelling community) to come and present the Metafari at the Golden Fleece Storytelling conference, in Washington D.C.
I did so, and got to know Madelyn who is a great person.  Madelyn then started to join network meetings in Europe and I have visited her home in Maryland a couple of times.
At some point of  time, Madelyn told about an idea about "Essay in two voices" which she had developed together with Victoria Ward.
We agreed to use the format to write an essay on "Space".
First to write 500 words each and in the next step write 250 words.
It took me 9 months to write the first 500 words.
I told about the idea to my friend Eva Wetterdal on Gotland, who replied
"Why not continue to cut in half until you reach 140 characters?"
Great idea!  I presented it to Madelyn who thought it was great.  We agreed to meet at her home in january 2010 to work on this and the current version of Essay in Two Voices was created!
We tested this way to write with friends, colleagues, partners and we were begeistred!  The parallell process of writing gives a unique insight in each others thinking, and this way of writing can be used for almost any topic.
Madelyn who is a woman with amazing energy, decided to write a book about.  You can read about the book here.  You can also order the book from Amazon here

It starts with a blog post, and it ends with a tweet....

If you want to try it, I'd be glad to do a first Essay with you or advice you how to use it with someone else.

No comments: