Nov 6, 2007

Swarming News

Yesterday I was at the Global Forum conference in Göteborg where sustainable development was on the agenda. I talked to the manager of SIDA (The Swedish Agency for International Development Cooperation) Göran Holmqvist about Metafari. He recommended us to get in touch with the people from Sweden working with Tanzania. Apparently, Sweden and Tanzania has collaborated for more than 47 years! For more information, see http://www.sida.se/sida/jsp/sida.jsp?d=401&a=1338&language=en_US

One of the major pieces of news in Swedish television this weekend was the successful results from Swedish-Tanzanian collaboration on research of treatment of Malaria (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/87793.php). Apparently they have found a good mix of using special impregnated nets and drug treatments.

When I did some googling I found that there exist a Swedish Malaria Network connecting researchers. Talking about a swarm…

Well, I have invested in malaria prophylaxis. Maybe I should get in touch with the researchers to get one of these nifty nets...

/Lena

No comments: